Old October 18th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

Default Vista license agreement is a joke

Andrew MacPherson wrote:

> I loved SS1 but disliked SS2, so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Weird, I hated SS1 but love SS2 still.

> And Vista is obviously different. The 2.6Gb download tells you that. ;-)

How much of that is down to hardware support? I mean, a set of freeBSD
iso's (which I love) is about half that, each set supports a single
architecture, and the hardware support is about as minimum as you can
get (I still can't use half the hardware I have, and I haven't done a
serious upgrade in almost 3 years). Solaris for Intel is like what,
3-4 gigs now for the installer? I seem to remember needing 5 or 6 CD's
to install that a year or so ago. 2.6 gigs for the installer for an OS
that supports multiple cpu's and every kind of hardware you can imagine
doesn't seem that big of a deal to me. And really, even if the install
itself has a huge footprint, I'm more interested in kernel security and
efficient device access than hard drive space.