Old March 5th 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Just for Fun

KWS wrote:

> 1990 "B" - one owner; me - just passed 20 years; 221K miles

That is impressive. How do you do you guys do it? I have never kept a
car going for more than 7 years and maybe 90,000 miles. I can maintain
them well enough, but there has always been an incident or a "need" for
another vehicle, which meant more than two seats with the arrival of a
child almost 19 years ago, then the swap back to a 2-seater and finally
the plunge into Miatas never looking back in 1999.

As it turns out, 2 seats was plenty about 6 months after the change to a
larger vehicle since the family member number count went from two to
three, and then back to two.

Cars have never started out new for me, and the newest one, the 1996
"M" edition Miata was purchased with 10,700 miles but by the time it
reached 78,000 miles, it was taken out by a 60MPH encounter with the
local wildlife.

Getting 20 years and well over 200K miles out of one car is apparently
just not within my abilities. Even 100K has never happened. :-)

I have usually wanted the car gone in less than 10 years, with the sole
exception so far being my '96M edition. I would probably still be
driving it today if the accident had not occurred.

Pat