Old October 31st 04, 05:12 PM
Alan Russell

> The Crank Angle Sensor generally sends out an AC signal. A
> sensitive AC multimeter will do fine. To get a CEL (check engine)
> code, you may need to crank of up to 18 seconds. Are you getting
> a signal on the wire from the ECU to the ignitor on your new
> distributor using that same testing device?

Rick. Everything I read says the CAS is a hall effect, and requires
5v DC to work.. So that's how I tested it, not looking for AC.

I did no testing on the new stuff. Just swap distributors, and start
it up. It seems to work fine, so something in the dist. was hosed.
After resetting the timing it runs as well as it ever did.

I guess she has to keep it a while longer.

Alan