Old July 30th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
markm75

Default dual hitch adapter on a 1 1/4" hitch receiver with converter possible?

I am wondering if the following is possible/safe to do:

I was thinking of getting this 2" dual receiver adapter to put on my 1
1/4" hitch (on a 99 grandprix gt)...

This is the 2" dual adapter:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=14726

Obviously to make this work I need the 1 1/4" to 2" adapter as well:
http://www.cargogear.com/oneiteminfo...artnum=SW64003

I would use that combo with these two:

Bike rack: Allen Deluxe 4 bike
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...ustomerReviews

and this cargo carrier:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=31580

Any thoughts on the ability of the hitch itself to handle this load,
with 4 bikes and some luggage on the luggage rack, obviously my car
would need to be able to handle the load, I'm guessing it may kill a
bit of gas mileage too.. perhaps not the best combo, at least for this
vehicle..