Old April 13th 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected][_2_]

Default Dodge caravan ground points?

Well - I had a chance to check things out for a bit this weekend. I
was preparing myself for the worst, but so far so good.....

- It turned out the rear tail lights was a relay issue. I swapped
relays and they function ok , but now the horn does not - so obviously
the relay. I'll get a new one tomorrow.

- The heater I think turned out to be low coolant level and associated
vapour locks. I filled it up, ran it with the cap off for a bit, and
it seemed ok to me. Time will tell. (shhesh women - now I know why she
is soo exasperated with me and the way I do laundry....) lol.

- The issue was that the dash lights would come on and it would not
start or even crank. She said if she wiggled the gear shift a bit it
would start. I redid the battery connections and found an 'iffy' power
+ take off connection, so cleaned and tightened and it seems to be ok,
but she'll have to drive it for a bit and see if it re-occurs.

- The rear wiper motor I am sure is a relay and a gummed motor. I ran
out of time to try to find the relay. I did not see it marked, so it
must be in conjunction with another one. I'll have to check that
further another day...

I have had a bit of an issue with the caravan since new - it seems ot
eat relays at the rate of several every few years it seems. Usually
swapping them fixes the problem and causes something else to go
haywire, so I have just been replacing them. When I was checking it
out, I examined the large fuse/relay panel under the hood. It appears
(but not sure on that one) to be secured by plastic snaps on on the
bottom somehow. I am afraid to mess to much lest I break them.

Has anyone ever had one of those fuse/relay panels out? I'd like to
examine the underneath for any so-so or corroded contacts.

thanks and regards.