Old April 10th 08, 12:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected][_2_]

Default Dodge caravan ground points?

I found this that I am going to start with. It may be of use to
others:

This is a tuffy. My Chrysler service manual from Detroit only shows
how to remove the dash, headlight switch etc. in ref. to a ground
location. It doesn't show exactly where the ground is or how to get to
it. The Body Control Module (over your left leg under dash) has a
junction block in front of it that is separate and may contain ground
points. The connectors for both should be cleaned and checked. The
connectors on the PCM that is located up against the driver side
fender behind the power distribution box should also be cleaned along
with both ends of the battery cables. Also the Instrument Panel "leg"
supports are grounds that apparently initiate in the printed circuit.
I doubt that this is a problem but who knows. They show four ground
points at the Instrument Panel "legs". As for the cowl you may have to
remove the glove box or pillar trim to get to it. Here is the ground
points inside the car as listed.
G200---Inst. Panel Center Support (4)
G201 "
G202 "
G203 "
G300---Left Side Cowl
G301---Right Cowl Panel
G302---Left Rear Quarter Panel
G400---In Liftgate (rear door) This looks like a
grounding strip with several wires run to it)
Here is the ground locations elsewhere. You might also look under the
right rear tail light for a ground associated for a trailer wiring
configuration.
G100---Under Battery Tray
G101---Left side of engine
G102---Under Battery Tray (listed twice?)
G103---Left Rear of Engine
I think Chrysler made a retro wiring harness repair kit for the engine
to alleviate a wiring problem. I was also told that there are grounds
close to the radiator but I have yet to locate them. Hope this helps!