Old December 29th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Default ignition switch '96 Jetta

So you don't have the key?
You might need a repair manual, Bentley, that might show you how to remove
the ign switch tumbler/lock.
BTW You should not need the key to remove the steering wheel collar, just
remove the switches to have access to the ign switch/lock assembly.

lkaboutautos.com...