Old September 18th 12, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
greybuck

Default 1998 Stratus vibration when accelerating

I have a 1998 Dodge Stratus with a 2.4L engine. A couple of weeks ago, I was stuck in traffic. All the sudden it jerked, and the engine stalled. It would not re-start, until I waited for a couple of minutes.

It seems to run fine since that event. No codes were set, but there is noticeable vibration upon acceleration, that was not there before. I had all the engine mounts replaced since one was broken, and hoped that would solved the problem. It didn't.

I also had the entire exhaust system checked, hoping there was a broken hanger, or leak. Neither of these were an issue either.

When the engine is idling, it is smooth, and there is no vibration.

Any suggestions? It occurs while sitting, so I am guessing that it doesn't have anything to do with the drive train, or suspension.

Thanks,

Kirk M