Old August 5th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Default How to change outside temp reading from Celcius to Fahrenheit 2001 Volkswagen Golf GTI VR6???

Thanks Peter,
I was hoping that it was that easy to do. When I get a chance I will play
with different knobs/switches.

During my research.............I believe on some Audi Climate Controls, I
can do this.........
'To changing degree temperature display, press and hold the recirculation
button. Then press the temperature up ("+") button to switch between degrees
Celsius & Fahrenheit on the climate control temperature and instrument
panel outside temperature displays.'

On some VWs
'VW Climatronic Readouts
1. Hold down "ECON", and press the "up-vent" button (next to recirculation).
Both temperature displays will read 00 or 00'0, and you can release the
buttons once they do.
2. Twist the LEFT temperature knob until the display above reads 19'0.
3. Twist the FAN knob until the left temperature display reads 19'1 (like
19.1).
4. The right temperature display is now a digital speedometer! HOW COOL IS
THAT!!!
--- For tach (in x100), twist the FAN knob until the left temperature
display reads 19'3 (like 19.3)
--- To reset and go back to normal operation, hit the ECON button once.
These are the different settings the Climatronic can display. '

and there are more instructions, but I am not sure if this '01 Golf GTi can
do this.

On a learning mode now! lol
--
later,
(One out of many daves)

> wrote in message
On Aug 5, 11:47 am, "dave AKA vwdoc1" >
wrote:
> OK this car used to show the outside temperature in the dash in
> Fahrenheit,
> but after some a/c work it shows it in Celcius now.
>
> How to set it back to Fahrenheit? I believe it must be easy but have
> searched the internet and found little to nothing.
> I have not messed around with it nor looked around with my vag-com tool.
> I will assume that it is in the a/c controls but figured someone can give
> quick informative answer so I don't have to flounder around. <g>
>
> TIA,
> One out of many daves

On our Volvo, that is done via the clock re-set button. Hold it in
long enough and it switches F to C. Twist one way for Hours, the other
for Seconds. Hold again, it will go from 12-hour to 24-hour time.

Might be the same?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA