Old August 5th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default How to change outside temp reading from Celcius to Fahrenheit2001 Volkswagen Golf GTI VR6???

On Aug 5, 11:47*am, "dave AKA vwdoc1" >
wrote:
> OK this car used to show the outside temperature in the dash in Fahrenheit,
> but after some a/c work it shows it in Celcius now.
>
> How to set it back to Fahrenheit? *I believe it must be easy but have
> searched the internet and found little to nothing.
> I have not messed around with it nor looked around with my vag-com tool.
> I will assume that it is in the a/c controls but figured someone can give a
> quick informative answer so I don't have to flounder around. *<g>
>
> TIA,
> One out of many daves

On our Volvo, that is done via the clock re-set button. Hold it in
long enough and it switches F to C. Twist one way for Hours, the other
for Seconds. Hold again, it will go from 12-hour to 24-hour time.

Might be the same?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA