Old February 6th 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_2_]

Default Dual 1bbl carbs?

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 18:14:20 +0100, Bill > wrote:

> I have a rock-stock 1600DP - SVDA dist., new case & heads, compression
> is right on the money. I'm considering changing the 34PICT3 to dual
> carbs. I have a set of Weber 44IDF's on my Porsche 912 motor, but I
> know these are too much for a stock VW motor. (see older response to
> "Porsche Motor in VW" on this list for details.)
> What dual single-bbl carbs work well? Some VW guys I talk to say the
> little Webers are junk & stay to Solex. Then there's the added mix of
> ICT's, Baby Dells, Kadrons, etc. And, just to top it off, there are
> the single guys: One Weber IDF, Bugspray, Weber Progressive, etc.
> Of course I'd like a few more HP, but what I'm really looking for is
> improved throttle response.
> TIA
> Bill.

Take a look at what Aircooled.net has to offer, I have not dealt with Mr.
Connolly for some time, but I believe his repute still is excellent or
above.

There are another option for an otherwise stock(ish) engine, 36 Dellorto
Alfa carbs, do some Google and you will find an Italian who sells these in
wast quantities already inspected. The prices are not bad either.

J.