Old February 2nd 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default Dual 1bbl carbs?

On Feb 2, 9:26*am, <jjs> wrote:
> "Bill" > wrote in message

> >I have a rock-stock 1600DP - SVDA dist., new case & heads, compression
> > is right on the money. *I'm considering changing the 34PICT3 to dual
> > carbs. *I have a set of Weber 44IDF's on my Porsche 912 motor, but I
> > know these are too much for a stock VW motor. (see older response to
> > "Porsche Motor in VW" on this list for details.)
> > What dual single-bbl carbs work well?

> Kadrons.
>
> But beware - the stock VW carb restricts the stocker so that it can hardly
> over-rev. With the Kadrons you can hit the red line very quickly.

I have been running Kadrons for 14 yrs now and think you can't beat
them on any thing from stock to a 1915,

What you want to do thou is find a good used set and send them to AJ
at www.Lowbugget.com and tell him all your details

Mario
Vintage Werks resto