Old September 9th 05, 03:01 PM
Byron Forbes

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> DB wrote:
>
>> It gives me the impression that iRacing is only going to
>> produce or license code for commercial simulators or
>> pay to play arcade systems or something.

> It says they're planning on releasing the next generation of auto
> racing simulations. I'm sure whatever they do will be light-years
> ahead of everyone else, regardless of how you feel about the community
> politics angle.

Well, to go one up on rFactor they'll need to have weather for starters.
Assuming rFactor will end up with good online weather (bad idea, I know)
then iRacing will have the ability to maybe just eclipse rFactor with better
replays and results. I hope they release a good comprehensive manual for
rFactor too - the readme is very sketchy and unintuitive.