Old May 18th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Power Antenna?

"W. Kiernan" > wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
> >
> > Looks like I've got a couple of hours planned for Saturday.....
> >

> When I got a used '93 I broke the power antenna mast first thing.
> Trying to replace it by myself for an hour or so with absolutely
> no success taught me that you are probably going to need someone
> to sit in the driver's seat and turn the radio on and off so you
> can thread that toothed plastic doodad into the antenna motor.
> Once I got my kid to help me I finally got it installed and
> fastened down in less than ten minutes.

Went through the same thing with another almost identical antenna, I
hope I recall how I did it alone. I think I can switch the radio on
and off from the back by running a switch in place of the antenna fuse
or with the top down I think I can reach the antenna and the radio, it
helps to have long arms.. We'll see. look for results or no results
Saturday! ;-)