Old March 18th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default 2002 Honda Civic Power Los

wrote in news:1174255821.253719.284140
@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

> 2002 Honda Civic, Automatic, 38,000 miles lightly driven, well upkept
> no problems other than a door sensor and an A/C heat sensor. Since the
> winter time I have had a problem with engine power when driving after
> the car has been idle for some time(ex. parked at the mall). It'll
> start but once you start to drive it'll start to sputter, like the
> engine isn't getting fuel. I'll be pressing the same amount on the
> pedal but not much happening. I can floor it and it'll pick up and
> won't happen after the initial 5 mins of driving. The car is also
> idiling rough. Also noticable loss of power going up hills, which I'm
> sure happens on the flats but not as noticable Mentioned it to the
> dealer when I had an oil change but they could not duplicate it, no
> surprise there. Ok so I did use a fuel system cleaner and replaced the
> sparkplugs but the problem persists. I've heard it might be the timing
> as well as the idle control valve. Any ideas? Thank you
>
> Error codes:
>
> P1298 Electric Load Detector (ELD) Circuit High Voltage
>
> Thats the code but my print out says "Manufacurer Contrl. Fuel Air
> Metering????

The first one is correct. Honda has a TSB on this issue: 05-006.
Your ELD is defective. Bring it to the dealer.

> P0132 Primary

....H02S Circuit High Voltage

Do you have this code too? Likely need a new sensor, but some diagnostic
troubleshooting is needed to make sure it's not a wiring problem.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/