Old February 19th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

Default The Big 2-1/2 ?

http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq

>>> Don't forget that many of Chrysler's more popular and best performing
>>> models are based on Mercede's chassis and drive trains. I can't see
>>> GM selling cars that are reskinned Mercede models or Mercedes letting
>>> them do it.

>> That's the grey area. Spinning off Chrysler begs answers to a host of
>> questions, starting with: "What happens to all the MB stuff presently in
>> the DC cars?"

> I would bet Chrysler owns it. If they spin off Chrysler they spin off all
> of it...

IMO, Mercedes is in a real quandary with selling Chrysler. Aside from
the Jeep brand the only cars worth selling is the ones that have
Mercedes' "bones". If they exclude the 300C, Crossfire etc. from the
deal then the value of Chrysler sinks like a stone. I can't see them
selling their current technology to a competitor.