Old October 7th 05, 04:46 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-10-07, ritchiekidd > wrote:

> I'd like to know if anyone has suggestions about how to
> increase the horsepower via minor/inexpensive changes, such as
> exhaust or air filters?

Forced air intake. A supercharger is easier to bolt-on than a
turbo, but offers less boost potential.

Or you can tape cow magnets to the fuel line and add one of
those tornado thingys. Of course it's entirely a placebo
effect, but you get what you pay for.

> I'm not looking to make my car a racer, just a little bit more
> balls, without sacrificing reliability.

Why do people think that the engineers at Mazda would miss
minor/inexpensive changes that increased HP without sacrificing
reliability??? There are entire teams of engineers that work
on that stuff 6 days a week. Yet somehow, soembody thinks they
can spend $20 and 20 minutes and do something that will provide
a real increase in HP.

If you want more power, a super/turbo charger is the only real
answer.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Are you guys lined up
at for the METHADONE PROGRAM