Old December 3rd 04, 04:29 PM
LIW

"Fred W" > wrote in message
> GRL wrote:
> > It may drive great and you can't tell how ugly it may be from inside,

but
> > remember, every time that you go to drive it you're going to have to

look at
> > it before you get inside.
> >
> > A great drive is a great drive only while you're driving, but ugly is
> > forever.
> >
> > - GRL

> Pshaa! When most people are concerned about these cars' supposed
> "ugliness", what they are really concerned about is what other people
> will think about the car when they drive by in it.
>
> I, on the other hand, never actually drive my cars. I just go out to
> the garage and look at them, so their beautiful design is of utmost
> importance to me... (not!!) ;-)
>
> -Fred W

Different strokes for different folks. I really enjoy the fact that my
silver S8 is very reserved looking, and stealthy. Once insde, particularly
at night when the white indicators spin up the red surrounds, it feels like
piloting a low flying jet. I think it is a combination of looks and feel,
and sound.

When I had my Viper it was more "instant celebrity" than in my current
Vette, but if I were going to go sit in the garage and just stare at a
machine, it would have to be a 12 cylinder Ferrari.

I still say, buy a used S8 for the price of either of the cars being
considered, and have it all!!