Old January 27th 07, 07:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

Default Self centering wheels - what years

In article >, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> Does anyone know what the first year for this feature was for
> Mustangs? I've been told that a 68 mustang still centers on the lugs,
> not the hub.

Hard to say because ford made wheels that have different size center
holes depending on the brakes the car came with. If it had front disc
brakes the center holes are larger than with 4 wheel drum. At some point
ford probably stopped making the smaller center hole wheels. I found this
out when I was going to buy some '69 styled steel wheels for my mav. They
fit the drum brakes fine, but the rotors I have were too large in the
center. Since I might convert the car some day I didn't get them. I was
able to locate some maverick alloy rims and they have the larger center
hole.