Old June 17th 10, 12:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

Default GPL question

"rcgldr" > wrote in :

>>> I think he's suggesting that you increase the damping to get rid of
>>> the observed behavior. More damping will reduce the amount of
>>> oscillation as spring loads change.

> Assuming it's not related to GPL's tire modeling of sidewall flex.
> I seem to recall some of the cars were prone to yawing mid-turn.

I haven't shown that to be true yet. However at a first test with a BRM and
a Cooper, I'm still getting the oscillation, although it *might be less -
that is requiring a harder drive to cause it to happen. I'll have to
experiment with Monza I guess. The first turn there is the one where I
first noticed it - with the Lotus. I'll have to try raising the damping a
lot higher to find out I think. I've used the recomendations in GRE, but
they didn't seem to stop it.