Old October 13th 09, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default "China buys all-American Hummer for $150 million"

On Oct 12, 1:23*pm, "SteveT" >
wrote:
> "MoPar Man" > wrote in message

> > QX wrote:

> >> This country is going down the road to hell, and Mr. Obama is
> >> yelling full steam ahead all the way.

> > And Bush was different?

> > What did he do in 8 years, besides send thousands of US troops to their
> > death at a price of a trillion dollars and counting?

> You might as well ask, what did FDR and Truman do besides sending thousands
> of US troops to their death at a price of <whatever number of current
> dollar-equivalents was spent in the execution of WW II>)?

You really think WW II was the same? Iraq was no threat to us,
period, and Bush either knew it or should have known it.

> But I expect
> everyone gets your point, you believe it was a waste. Millions of
> now-free-from-Ba'ath-domination Iraqis, Iranians and Kuwaitis threatened by
> their formerly bellicode neighbor and Israelis would almost certainly
> disagree with *you.

Yet poll after poll shows the Iraqis resent our presence there and
want us out. Explain why something that had no bearing on us was
worth 4000 American lives, $1 trillion, and loss of US reputation the
world over.

Now the threat is Iran (which Iraq held in check) and terrorists
recruited by American actions in Iraq.