Old February 25th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Side scoops discoloring

On Feb 24, 6:18 pm, Rick Olive > wrote:
> 03 Cobra in Oxford White side scoops are turning yellow. Seems to be
> bleeding up from beneath the color coat and covers the whole scoop (on
> both scoops). Paint appears fine everywhere else. Is anyone else having
> this problem? Thinking about repainting but will that fix it?

Rick,

I would check out/look for any TSBs (technical service bulletins).
Repainting should fix it if the material/scoop is prepped correctly --
something, obviously, the factory didn't do.

Me... I always wondered what those cars would look like without the
scoops. I'd probably take them off and wouldn't put them back on.

Patrick
'93 Cobra