Old January 11th 05, 02:54 PM
Bill Leary

"ukhan" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I have a 2005 Jetta TDI. I will try your recommendation

Well... more of a "suggestion." I'm not sure what you'd do if you DO detect
something. Probably try it again from time to time to see if it gets worse?

And IF you do you have to isolate if it's the trans, tires, axles, etc., etc.,
whatever. There's a difference, and I'd been told about the trick BEFORE my
friend whacked the trans in the beetle (it was that long ago) so I'd already
taken the car out to know how it would feel without the damage. Once I knew
what it felt like, I could tell that "tick" on most any car. I found a set of
chipped gears on a Subaru many years later using the same technique, for
example. Still, give it a go and see what you find.

- Bill