Old May 9th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default 02 hitch and ball receiver

I am also going to be pulling a 17' boat... single axle trailer. The lowest
drop I have found is 2.5". I, too, have the Class II hitch which sits
pretty high in the bumper. I am going to go re-measure the height of the
trailer toungue and see if the 2.5" will cut it. If not, I might just have
to live with it and consider replacing the hitch with a class III in the
future.

Will