Old December 31st 05, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Shifter technique

In article >,
Pooh Bear > wrote:

>Old Wolf wrote:
>
>< snip >
>
>> Changing from 1-2 and 2-1 still involves the diagonal push (or pull
>> if you are in a left-hand-drive car, I imagine), that way it can
>> never go wrong and accidentally select 4 instead of 2, etc.

>Eh ?
>
>To move 1-2 or 2-1 just push forwards or rearwards, ensuring the biasing
>spring doesn't move it towards 3-4.

Yep. And with my own car, a one-motion shift from 5 to 6 is much more
reliable than a "stop in neutral and select the next gear" shift,
which has the potential of selecting reverse instead. (well,
attempting to select reverse). Not the shift pattern I would have
chosen, granted.
result in a fully-depreciated one.