Old September 11th 04, 11:51 AM
Ivan

"Azzy" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Hi. I have a 156 selespeed & love it to bits. The only minor gripe I have
> is that when driving at night using either the buttons or gear knob to
> change gears, the lights dim & brighten fractionally during the gear
> change. Is this normal? Is there something I can do to sort it out?

Worth getting it checked as per Gert-Jan... but I would say that the
symptoms you describe are normal. The Selespeed takes a lot of current to
get the hydrolic fluid up to pressure..... I actually noticed on long
motorway journeys the lights dimming as the system *maintains* pressure...
ie without changing gear.

HTH
--
Ivan.