Old August 15th 10, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
J.L.Hemmer

Default Battery Problem

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 11:28:42 +0100, "Tinkerer"
> wrote:

Four
>years and 52K miles seems a short life for a battery considering that I have
>just replaced the original on my Peugeot 406 after eleven years and 132K
>miles.
>
>Any thoughts please?

Four years?! I live in a hot climate. Four years is about the MAX I
expect out of a battery. My wife's '97 Altima (traded in on an 08
Civic) chewed up a battery every 18 months or so. Everything was
checked (many times) and no problems ever found. The only answer was
that the heat and possible added heat from placement in the engine
compartment was the 'killer'.

I generally don't trust batteries after about three years. However,
I'm sure others here will have their own opinions.