Old March 5th 13, 03:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

Default First official images of 2015 Corvette C7 Convertible !!

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message

> "Dad" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> For the C6 it was more like 50 "X" cars that were road tested and then
>> destroyed. Those with an "X" in the serial number plate can not be sold.
>> There is a picture of a silver one in the CAC history with me sitting in
>> it 6/3/2004 at the first National meet. My first model year has been that
>> way, every time I turn around it need gas, and then it's tires again.
>> Then there was the, oh wait there wasn't anything else except the AHC
>> recall (no cost). So much for your first year antiquated theory, you need
>> to get into the 21st century. Then there is your advice to not buy a new
>> car when the C6 had a lower base price than the C5 for a few months then
>> went up, saved me a bunch and I was driving my car not something someone
>> else discarded.
>>
>> So what's your opinion of why Fisker Karma chose GM's engine to put in
>> the most expensive car built in the most expensive state with the highest
>> tax rates and most subsidized people and companies in the USA? Could only
>> be to keep the negative KARMA going.
>>

> C6 did not really have a 'new model year'. Too similar to the C5.

Said that from the start that it was a C5.1 and this new one is the C5.2 way
to much of the old design.

> In the Fisker, the engine is merely a generator and does not actually
> power the car. I would not brag that my engine makes a good generator.

Did not say anything about that being a plus, just ask your opinion as to
why they chose it.

> Congrats for your photo in the CAC history.

Wasn't just a photo op, 4 of us from this area set up the first meet, it was
to be a regional meet and turned into a the first national. The awards for
the second meet was made from a picture of my C6 but due to a death in my
family all that was taken to the meet by another one of the original four.
There are a few that looked at the meet like a drinking fest and the
liability that presents to the organizers is more than I need. Since that
time I grew tired of the blow hards and the big heads in the Corvette
community and I no longer belong to a club. The bad part about that is I
miss those good people that were part of the club.

> BTW, many folks besides myself say not to buy the first year of a model
> change. It is not just my idea. Glad you had success. In our club,
> our President had her C5 replaced by the lemon law, another member got
> fed up and traded it in on a Cadillac (he hated that too) and a 3rd
> member was totally dismayed at the problems with her C5 but hung in there.
> Was a big embarassment to our Chevy Sponsor at the time.

Had more than good luck with Cadillac also, could be you have a bad dealer.
My '92 Eldo was flawless for well over 100K but was pre Northstar, the
Northstar I had was sick for a DOHC system with 20% less fuel mileage and I
didn't have it long. GM would not have stayed around for over 100 years if
they built cars as badly as you say.

> For our club event this last weekend at the Peterson, one member could not
> attend due to car trouble. Again. Glad you have had success. Many
> owners have not been so lucky.

Describe many? What % would that be of the hundreds of thousands that own
and drive Corvettes?

> Did you read Hib Halverson's thread on him buying his C6 Z06. Hood
> paint did not match. On a $90k car! Kind of embarassing wouldn't you
> think? Even Chevy had an explanation for the problem. Do you think Chevy
> corrected Hib's car before delivery? No left it up to the customer to
> find this out. Hopefully the customer would not be that observant. Also
> rear wheel alignment was off. Was still within spec so factory would not
> fix under warranty. On a $90k car? Chevy dealers are an
> embarassement. They treat customers as if they had just bought a Chevy
> Cruze. Sad. Incredibly Sad!!!

Didn't read any of his posts after he went to pick it up. Way to self
centered and child like. Just to set it straight the hood most likely was
not miss matched but the bumper cover can be. Looking down over the fenders
it is hard to see but from the front the difference in the perceived color
jump out at you. The bumper covers, front and rear are painted separate off
the rest of the car. I would bet you in the right light that if you look at
the side where the front fender meets the front bumper cover between the
marker light and the headlight you will still see the color difference. It
isn't a different color just the pigments laying in a different angle that
will not be picked up by a spectrograph. If he paid anywhere near 90 he's a
bigger fool than I thought.

So you believe that the wheel alignment was out but still within
specification (?), get real. He wanted a free alignment to set it to what he
wanted, read what the Corvette alignment is and why it is not for just road
or track use. It's is a compromise setting to cover many driving styles.
Yes, if you know it is a road car versus a track car it can be aligned to
handle better and get better tire wear. If you read all of the BS about
alignment you'll see my 2 cents thrown in there, it goes way back and
includes the C5. He stated the Z06 was different than the base Corvette, I
said it was not and pointed out the specs in the manual. His reply was that
he didn't have the manual with him because he was on the road. In other
words he shot from the hip and was wrong.

There still are small town GM dealers that do right by their customers if GM
will let them.