Old August 25th 05, 06:16 AM
ymenard

> wrote
> Live for Speed is being released in three parts. It isn't "finished"
> by any sense of the word and won't be until S3 is released.

The Live for Speed crew understood that you don't need to develop first some
hyper-accurate portion of the sim to get the attention of the market you
want to reach. And brag about it. They started very crude, and now look
how far they have gone without alienating their core base about the time it
truly takes to develop a sim. And like you wrote, they understood that
having a sorta independant release in the simracing community, you had to do
it differently but also still *respect* the customer.

Look, nobody here really think it takes 6 months to fiinish a quality
product. We all know the time it takes, how consuming the task is. Nobody
is pointing fingers at them going "Haha you are taking your time". We're
shouting vapourware because they bragged long, long before it was even
necessary, about things that were just the wrong ones.

> In other words, you would not
> be able to buy Live For Speed yet because they ain't done!

They wouldn't be bragging us with teddy bears, leather wallets and rendered
shots of things that we clearly don't think are that much important With
the West Brothers, we all, each and every one of us, called "SHENANIGAN!!!"
at one point or another. And we're forgiving them for the whole WSC fiasco.

That's the difference, somehow. Nice info btw. Btw I still respect the
West bros. for having the guts to do such thing. I respect their love for
racing, and heck we all here share it, especially their attachment to the
historical values of racing series of the past. For me it was all
vapourware anyway until I put my hands on my wheels and it would do
something on the screen.

> How long did it take to model the truck loader? And how much did that
> slow down the development of RL?
>
> <I am smiling BIG while awaiting this answer! :-D>

No that's not it. You know if X feature is made before Y, and one way or
another it'll take the same development time, nobody cares. But you don't
go bragging to the community about the marvellous 3d renders you have, and
talk about various pricing schemes, when you know it's years ahead of a
remotely good product. They did that with WSC also.

> The fact of the matter is you have no f**king clue what you're talking
> about. Get over yourself and leave them alone.

They should have left us alone a long time ago. And start braging when you
know... it's time to do it.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez