Old August 20th 05, 12:19 AM
Jeff Reid

> I understand your annoyance, but they were under no obligation to remove all your posts because you had put them into
> the public domain. You did still hold the copywrite, however.

It would have been tested in court if they didn't remove them.
(Read on to see the basis for this).

Nothing in the rules at RSC or the agreement when you join gives them
permission to publicly attach warning avatars to every post you make.
In my experience these are handed out on a "assumed guilty until
proven innocent" basis, they aren't fair, and violate their own rule:

"4.1 - Any content that is false, abusive, defamatory, or harassing
is not permitted."

Every warning avatar attached by RSC is "content that is abusive and
harassing". In my case they were also "false and defamatory".

I consider the attachment of warning avatars to a person's posts to be
a violation of the agreement when I joined RSC. My posts at RSC were
a part of this agreement, and they had my implicit permission to
display my copyrighted posts, until they violated the agreement.

They gave me an ultimatim of either sending a letter agreeing to
be abused by their posting of warning avatars or be banned. I had
already responded that I considered the warning avatars to be
a defamation of character. Mbrio responded that they were afraid
of being sued by anyone that considered their behavior to be
defmation of character, and were going to ban me unless I agreed
in writing to accept their abuse and harassment. I responded that
I would refuse to agree to accept such behavior, and would seek legal
action regarding their behavior (defamation of character), and
copyright violations if they didn't remove all my posts.