Old April 10th 05, 12:13 AM

Default Okay, now it's happened to me...

Please, nobody bother bitching to me about how this problem
has been covered here before. I know it has, as I remember
numerous threads on wacky Beamer climate control systems
misbehaving, but rather than hunting down the best thread
in the archive, I thought somebody could give me the quick
answer, considering how common this problem is.

It's my climate control. Starting today, this is what it was
doing: "Freezing" such that the motor speed and setting (as
to where to vent the air) froze in one mode, totally ignoring
my requesting other settings by pressing buttons, etc.; Switching
itself on and off whenever it felt like it; sometimes apparently
putting out cold AC air, sometimes heat, all without any input
from me; sometimes going completely dormant, doing nothing at all.
And sometimes the LED display would go dead as a doornail.
In other words, the thing is going wacky, and I don't know much
about electronic repair jobs. I've had that little resistor
go bad previously which would cause the blower motor to completely
become inop, but never this wacky ****. I was just in a dealership
last week for a $1700 job that I paid them nothing for (cat.
replacement)
and the suspicious side of me wonders if someone may have tinkered
with something to cause problems after I told them I didn't want
any of their recommended work done (other than the cat. job).
Any ideas, or am I gonna have to go searching the archives?
Thanks to anyone for good feedback.

--
Cliff