Old May 18th 17, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
nospam[_4_]

Default NC motorists who hit protesters blocking roadways will be legally protected under proposed bill

In article
Cruise > wrote:

> > > I see where you place the value of human life. Be glad others value your
> > > life
> > > more than you value theirs.

> > When they don't value their own lives enough NOT to jump, move, or stand in
> > front of moving cars....why should I care about their lives?

> In California vehicles yield the right of way to pedestrians regardless of
> whether the pedestrians are making a legal crossing.

that might be what the law says, but anyone who steps in front of a
moving vehicle which shows no signs of slowing down is not going to
enjoy the outcome.

> Call the police when
> suspect jaywalking or obstruction of traffic and let the police deal with it.

what for? jaywalking is self-enforcing. anyone that gets hit won't do
it again. problem solved.

> Police can deal with unarmed criminals without killing or maiming people.

history indicates otherwise.

> But, no, you place a higher value on a few minutes of frustration over human
> life. Tell me again how only liberals do violence.

anyone who runs in front of a moving vehicle doesn't value their own
life, so why should a motorist value it more than the person does?