Old July 6th 11, 09:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Weird AC problem.

charlie > wrote:

> On 7/5/2011 8:35 PM, XS11E wrote:
>> Last night it died on the freeway and never came back on, when I
>> went home it died again on the freeway and started blowing cold
>> air as I went down the exit ramp. I'm pretty lost as to possible
>> causes...
>>

> Was there a bump or two as you exited?

No, I thought of that! It was smooth and I didn't even feel the
compressor kick in when it started blowing cold.

I'm fairly sure the compressor stays on when it fails but I'm not
positive.

BTW, the suggestions of some floating crud blocking an orfice....
woudn't that raise pressure causing the compressor to turn off? I
really need to catch it failing to see if the compressor is running but
it's too damn hot to get out and look and much too hot to try to raise
the hood w/o a pair of oven mitts!

The Usenet Improvement Project: