Old March 24th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default 2002 Honda Civic Power Los

wrote in
ups.com:

> Ok maybe this might help. I'm determined to figure this out without
> the dealer.
>
> I was leaving the parking lot after shopping and the engine started to
> cut-out as described before. Instead of gunninng it and continuing on
> I parked it. I sat there in drive and allowed the car the struggle to
> reach a normal idle. It sputtered and bucked a little, but I didn't
> give it any gas(I was parked with my foot on the brake and the car in
> drive). Eventually it worked itself into a normal idle. Does this help
> any?

No, unfortunately it doesn't help much.

Your problem could be anything from a dirty throttle body to misadjusted
idle speed to poor ignition maintenance to a neglected cooling system to
dirty injectors.

I suspect it's a mix of things, but most likely unrelated to the oxygen
sensor. (Although it could be that too.)

You can try dumping a can of Chevron "Techron" fuel additive in the gas
tank and see if that does anything. Worst case you're out $15 or so.

> Thank you for your help, I really want to figure this out.

It's unlikely you'll be able to sort this out on your own. You need a
garage with the necessary equipment, experience and familiarity with the
vehicle. Engine controls these days are very complex and interact in
ways you would never guess.

> It's
> frustrating that the dealer wasn't a big help

Try some other dealer, or an independent garage that specializes in
imports.

> and I'm as descriptive
> as possible on these boards and receive few replies,

You probably receive few replies because of your subject. Driveability
problems are difficult to impossible to diagnose remotely. The best
anyone can give are guesses.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ