Old March 19th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default 2002 Honda Civic Power Los

wrote in news:1174262952.234392.75340
@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> On Mar 18, 7:11 pm, Tegger > wrote:
>> wrote in news:1174255821.253719.284140
>> @p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

>> > Error codes:

>> > P1298 Electric Load Detector (ELD) Circuit High Voltage

>> > Thats the code but my print out says "Manufacurer Contrl. Fuel Air
>> > Metering????

>> The first one is correct. Honda has a TSB on this issue: 05-006.
>> Your ELD is defective. Bring it to the dealer.
>>

>> > P0132 Primary

>> ...H02S Circuit High Voltage
>>
>> Do you have this code too? Likely need a new sensor, but some
>> diagnostic
>> troubleshooting is needed to make sure it's not a wiring problem.
>>

> Thank you Tegger.
>
> Would the P1298 cause any performance problems? Would this faulty ELD
> fail to detect any real electrical problems?

All possible, yes.

> Can I check the 02 sensor myself? Where is it? I don't have the
> equipment to test the voltage but can check to make sure the airflow
> is not fouled or the wires/connection are not compromised? If I take
> it out what should I be looking for, build up on the tip?

You cannot test the sensor yourself. You need to have a dealer -- or a
garage with a very good ODB-II tester and multimeter -- check it out.
Preferably either the OBD-II tester has graphing capability, or the
garage has an oscilloscope.

The sensor goes bad electrically. There will be no visible evidence of
problems.

> Could this be a fuel filter problem? I'll tell ya I've heard it all
> from different boards I've posted on.

Not a filter problem Plugged filters manifest themselves at high revs.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/