Old January 29th 14, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dave[_63_]

Default Snap-on vs Craftsman (Timing Lights)

On Friday, December 5, 2003 7:02:48 AM UTC-7, Karls Vladimir Peņa wrote:
> Hey guys (and gals), have you noticed the huge price difference beetween
> Snap-on and almost every other brand of timing lights out there?
> Craftsmans
> go for anything around 50-80 dls, and Snap-on STARTS at 200 dls. What do
> these snao-on things do? do they make your engine double its horsepower?
> for
> that price they should.
>
> Is anyone outhere with a reason to buy snap-on tools? I have no reference
> since my only snap-on tools are a set of screwdrivers.

Yeah, obviously you are not a mechanic and don't know anything about tools.
Craftsman timing lights are made in Japan and China. Snap-on timing lights
are made in Kenosha Wisconsin. If you want I can continue.

Before you make such condescending remarks about someone else's knowledge,
perhaps you should check your own.
Snap-on offers three timing lights, one made in Korea, the other two made in
China as per their website.