Old March 22nd 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Default 90 accord stalling, code 41 43

wrote:
> On Mar 20, 8:15 pm, " >
> wrote:
>>> Have you considered that the sensor may have the wrong electrical
>>> characteristics for the ECU it's married to?

>> Yes. That's what I am trying to figure out to get to the bottom of
>> this. What in the world is the ECM measuring to determine that it's
>> time to throw a code 41?

> OK, so I thought about it a little more, since the heater circuit
> ground goes through the ECM, then it is probably measuring the current
> through the heater. So an internal leak to ground inside the sensor,
> or incorrect impedance in the heater would affect the current that the
> ECM sees. Can you think of anything else to check?

three things:

1. if this vehicle is a 1990, as it says in your heading, then the
engine computer is expecting to see a single wire sensor. the only way
a 1990 accord would have 4-wire is if the vehicle has been converted for
some reason. and a 90 accord is not a typical candidate for that kind
of effort. if this is a 90 vehicle, and you think it's been converted,
you'll need to check the ecu's to be sure.

2. the two sensor types are very different in operation. you can't use
a broadband sensor, 4-wire, on a narrow band, single wire, ecu because
the output signals are not the same, even if you rigged up the heater wires.

3. many users here report dismal results with bosch sensors. including
myself.

bottom line, you can work with us by providing accurate information on
trying to figure this out, /or/ you can keep us in the dark and keep on
ignoring what people are telling you and see where it gets you. your call.