Old November 11th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB

Default 2007 GT models with hood scoops and Solara opinions.

wrote:
> I drove by a dealer this week and saw a few 2007 model GTs with nice
> hood scoops. The Ford web site shows 2007 GTs with plain hoods. Does
> anyone know if this is an option or is there some sort of new model
> that offers this? To me, the fake hood scoops makes a big difference
> (for some reason). The only pic I found on the web was California
> Special edition that had this. Is this the model I'm seeing on the
> lots?
> As a separate question, I tested a new Solara SLE convertible today as
> a possible replacement for my 2000 GT 'vert. The ride was a bit too
> smooth and I felt like a total homo driving it. Anyone has any
> experience with Solaras? Same price as new GT with more leg room but
> like I said, homo looking IMHO.
>
> Thanks
> Ron

A few dealers in this area are adding the scoops on their
own. I've seen them with a '69 GT/MI style scoop, and I like it.
The stock hood is just too big and flat. To me, it looks just
too empty. The old style scoop goes good with the factory retro
styling.

I've also seen them with a flat black hood, like a '69, and I
like that too.

--
..boB
2006 FXDI hot rod