Old November 11th 06, 08:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ashton Crusher

Default 2007 GT models with hood scoops and Solara opinions.

On 10 Nov 2006 18:12:47 -0800, wrote:

>I drove by a dealer this week and saw a few 2007 model GTs with nice
>hood scoops. The Ford web site shows 2007 GTs with plain hoods. Does
>anyone know if this is an option or is there some sort of new model
>that offers this? To me, the fake hood scoops makes a big difference
>(for some reason). The only pic I found on the web was California
>Special edition that had this. Is this the model I'm seeing on the
>lots?
>As a separate question, I tested a new Solara SLE convertible today as
>a possible replacement for my 2000 GT 'vert. The ride was a bit too
>smooth and I felt like a total homo driving it. Anyone has any
>experience with Solaras? Same price as new GT with more leg room but
>like I said, homo looking IMHO.
>
>Thanks
>Ron

Hmm, a coincidence. I drove over to the ford dealer today to buy a new
outside lock to replace the one some would be thief had messed up on
my 99 GT. As I was leaving I saw quite a few new stangs and about
half had a hood scope. Not sure if they are the same scoops you saw
but my take on them was that they were ugly. They were too narrow and
were just out of proportion to the hood. Some didn't even look like
they were the same color as the car but that might have just been from
sunlight reflection. The last time I noticed any scoops on any recent
mustangs I didn't think they looked so narrow so maybe there are more
then one style.