Old September 2nd 11, 10:07 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

Default "Audi remains unobtrusive"

On Aug 31, 7:35*pm, D. LaCourse > wrote:
> On 2011-08-31 02:55:16 -0400, AD > said:

> >> What the hell is a "club oriented senior citizen"?

> > Apparently S6 lacks a hitch to tow a horse trailer to an equastrian
> > club.
> > I'm not sure if A8L is better in that regard cause in
> > case of a tipover the space agey frame might get some
> > unwanted twisting.

> > I assume the land roverless option is for the folk who do not
> > need to tow their horses anywhere and could instead host
> > a riding event themselves.

> > Personally, I'm a rental kind of guy

> >> Dave (74 and driving an RS6 and A8L)

> > "The others have stuck mainly to rear-wheel drive"

> > Stuck? Mainly? Who needs a frond wheel drive luxury car exactly
> > aside from the misguided souls buying souped up toyodas LS460?
> > for all I care fwd audi is slow rotting vw for snowbelt.

> > It's such a relief to see a five year old link still working
> > and the page clearly marked with the year and month of the
> > publication.

> And yet, here you are.......

???? my A4 has a 50:50 front/back torque split under normal
circumstances
if there is understeer I don't ever notice it

In the B7/B8 the torque split is 40 front 60 back

i would have never ever bought a monowheel drive audi precisely
because
the in quattroless setup the driven wheels are on the wrong axle