Old November 2nd 10, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default iRacing finally gets its act together

(PlowBoy) wrote:

> from here up, You are right sir. but just like the rest of the
> cars, I give them 3 to 4 weeks to make even the Mazda undrivable
> (with updates), LOL!

It is the iRacing way. You just get settled into things and then they go and change
it in a subtle way which makes you have to start re-training. :-)

In the MX-5's case, you might be right though. I was in a practice session at Road
Atlanta with (among many others) Eric Foss, who drives these things at that track
for real. He trains people on that track and has done about a zillion laps. He
mentioned to others that the Cup version has had its aero tweaked to bring it up to
the level of the Roadster, which is apparently a little faster.

He also said the car's a bit easier to drive on iRacing than it is in real life.
Not far off, but definitely easier. So someone may eventually decide to do some
un-tweaking.

At the moment though I'm feeling more iRacey than I've done in... well, a long time.
I might even throw caution to the wind and start joining MX-5 races which split.
Not sure I want to risk my SR in an unsplit Rookie race though. These cars lap too
close together, even in Rookie hands, for that! Wonderful little car though, and
the England club's using it for the weekly hosted races this season, instead of the
Skip. Should be a whole heap of fun based on a test race last Sunday.

Andrew McP

PS I found some of the interviews here quite reassuring. Steve Myers comes across
far better in person than he does in print...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q1-soWIvf8