Old January 9th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.honda
necromancer[_5_]

Default Some states want to punish fuel-efficient car drivers!

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 20:30:15 -0600, Tim McNamara
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Eeyore > wrote:
>
>> Tim Howard wrote:
>>
>> > Oregon looks at taxing mileage instead of gasoline

>> The basic problem is that government in much of the west (not just
>> the USA) is now out of control and any pretence at democracy is only
>> nominal.
>>
>> The events of the last year or so have convinced me that only a full
>> scale revolution can restore peoples' rights and stop government
>> poking its nose into stuff it has no business in.

>How can that be? The right wing has controlled at least two branches of
>the US government for 26 of the past 28 years. They've told us that
>government isn't the solution to the problem, it is the problem.

It wasn't the size og govt, it was who the govt was bowing down to...

>They shrunk the size of government (just ask them), eliminated reams of
>burdensome regulations,

Patriot Act, Homeland Security Act, TSA, Real ID(which so far they
have been unsuccessful at)...

> they've spent billions of dollars protecting
>delicate corporations from the hoi polloi. Are you saying that the
>Republicans were *wrong?*

Yep. And now, it is payback time...

--
"If you want change in Washington, if you hope for a better
America (sic), then we're asking for your vote on the 4th of