Old July 20th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Matt[_15_]

Default sun roof leaks only when I park on a hill---95 Park Ave

Steve W. wrote:
> Matt wrote:
>> Steve W. wrote:

>>> Pull the headliner and check the drain tube. They tend to shrink and
>>> sometimes break free.

>> I have been able to remove the right /sail/: the upholstery board that
>> covers the rear passenger-side pillar.
>>
>> I found the rear drain tube, which is rattling and seemingly loose
>> from its nipple, so thanks, I think we have found the problem, but I
>> can't see the nipple or the end of the tube.
>>
>> How much of the headliner do I have to free up to get at the end of
>> the drain tube? Will I have to take off the
>> clothes-hangar/reading-light assembly? There is a molding around the
>> rim of the door, and it appears that if I can remove that, I can pull
>> down the rear part of the headliner to get at the tube without
>> removing the whole headliner.
>>
>> Is there a chance of shoving the end of the tube back on by feel?
>>
>> How should I proceed?

> The drain tube connects to the frame of the sunroof itself.

Thanks, Steve.

Maybe I should have said that I found the drain hose (rubber), but not
the drain tube (presumably steel).

> You should
> be able to get to the connection by dropping just the rear corner and
> sliding your hand up the line. Yes you will want to remove the light
> (there will be a clip behind it) and the hanger.

The trim around the door frame is flexible and is pulled away from the
door frame easily.

I have the lens off and the bulb removed. I don't see any "key" to
removing the light/hanger assembly through the light. I tried that
because to remove the front overhead console you remove its lenses to
get at some clips.

There are a couple half-inch by quarter-inch plastic covers on the
assembly. I guess they are covering some screws. It looks like they
need to be pried out with a small screwdriver so I can get to the
screws. Is that right? The covers don't seem to come out very easily.