Old February 4th 05, 10:57 AM
Erik

In article >,
"<< Paul >>" <" > wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > this was a steady continuing flow of visible vapor. It only went away
> > after I had shut off the A/C. It only happens if I drive over 55.
> >
> > Is this considered an A/C problem? If so, I'll have to
> > tell the mechanic to check my A/C. I'm not experiencing problems with
> > the a/c refrigerant though, it still keeps me cool during a hot day.

> Possible blown heater core.

It's water vapor from the evaporator...

If it were a freon leak big enough to see, the A/C would stop working
quicker than soon.

If it were the heater core leaking, the inside of the car would reek of
coolant, and the windows would be fogging like crazy every time the
outside air temp dropped down a little... like every evening/night.

My Accord does the water vapor thing, different lighting conditions can
make it look dramatic sometimes.

Erik