Old June 20th 12, 02:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

Default Racing Beat Power Pulse cat-back

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 07:58:32 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:
> In article > , Carbon
> > wrote:
>
>> I know this is an ancient post, but I just ordered a set of these:
>> http://fatcatmotorsports.com/FCM_Bil...alve_NA_NB.htm
>>
>> I filled out the questionnaire on the website and the next day I got
>> a call from Shaikh. What kind of driving do you do? Where are you on
>> the ride vs handling spectrum? He ended up suggesting something
>> between the GT and sport package.
>>
>> I'm really looking forward to getting them. So the caveat is there is
>> a 4-6 week lead time on orders. He was upfront about it, so I knew
>> that going in. Small company, custom work, etc.
>>
>> FCM has gotten good reviews on mazda-speed.com but I haven't read any
>> comparison reviews with other shocks such as the AFCOs. They're in
>> pretty much the same ballpark price-wise.

> In the end, I went with the AFCOs from Flyin' Miata and I'm just
> starting to learn about them.

I'm sure they're excellent as well. Anything that can survive Targa
Newfoundland and a v8 Miata has to be tough. I like the Flyin Miata
folks. I've been in contact with them and I'm probably going to order
their Little Enchilada package for my MSM. I'll also be getting a 3.63
gearset and ECU reflash and then I'll call it a day. At least until that
blows over with the wifely unit and I'll getting some nickel 15x8 ULs
and TBD tires. And then I'll probably call it a day...

I'm just wondering, have you done anything as far as stiffening is
concerned? Because I've read that the FM butterfly brace
http://goo.gl/H1gCM does wonders in an NA.

How was driving school?