Old December 30th 07, 03:48 PM posted to sci.environment,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.democrats
Kurt Lochner

Default Coping With The New CAFÉ Standards, leotard78spwhines again..

Eeyore wrote:

> Kurt Lochner wrote:
>
> > AKA sniveled ineptly:
> > >
> > >The new gas mileage standards mandated
> > >by the recently passed energy legislation
> > >defy the laws of physics..

> > leotard, you don't know any physics to speak of..

>The laws of physics certainly do tend to say that expecting
>a 7 litre V-8 (or even say a more humble 4 litre) to do 35 mpg
>is wishful thinking [..]

Yeah, I understand that from my thermo classes (eg Carnot) but
I doubt that your hypothetical 7L engine is expected to do that
in the first place, as the CAFE standards are averaged across
the manufacturers classes and models..

--Still, I 'grew up' driving an M-B 200D, sans block heater..