Old December 5th 04, 11:07 PM
KLS

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 15:33:30 GMT, "Thomas G. Marshall"
. com> wrote:

>2ndly, if this is in reference to a4 bulbs going out prematurely then your
>advice is almost certainly /NOT/ going to help. This is a known /very
>common/ problem with the a4's that I have been tracking/experimenting with.
>You don't seem to have this problem, but two things about this:
>
>1. replace the bulbs together. Keep the "survivor" bulb, but make sure that
>when one goes out you replace them both with new bulbs.

I have *NEVER* taken this approach with my 98.5 A4 and have replaced
both headlights and one front turn signal light, each one at a time.
The first headlight went out 1.5 yrs ago, the second about 6 months
ago, the turn signal bulb a couple of months ago. I replaced each one
only, not in pairs, and I wore gloves in the process. So far, no
problems.