Old December 10th 05, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default 90 Miata Idling Probs

"Marty" > wrote:

>I have a 90 Miata with an idling problem. Went by the local Mazda
>dealership today and was told that since it has over 100000 miles and
>is over 10 years old they dont want to mess with it, lol..it has
>385,000 miles(YES, it still runs like a top!)

Obviously then, it is possible for a 1990 Miata to run forever without
developing the crankshaft issue. I would think that you doing your
own timing belt changes might have something to do with it. Despite
the protestations of mechanics to the contrary. Maybe that also has
something to do with this dealer wanting to stay away from the car.

> In the last two days,
>when downshifting to a stop, it tries to cut out. It will not cut out
>if you dont downshift. There is a clicking noise coming from a relay
>under the dash. Took it by the dealership, but they couldnt tell me
>what the part is. Anyone got any ideas if this might be the fuel
>circuit opening relay..

Probably. Here is the relays info from Haynes:
http://www.dommelen.net/tmp.jpg
Make sure your browser does not resize images like Internet Exploder
and Firefox do by default.

>its a denso part and is readily accessible.
>Thanks

Leon
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)