Old October 3rd 04, 09:36 PM
Denny

"Cheryl and Rob" > wrote in message
news:_cZ7d.1319$MU6.520@trndny08...
> could someone PLEASE tell me how to get the cover off the air cleaner?????
> I tried taking off the two bolts on the front of it but I cannot get it
> apart. what in God's name am I doing wrong??? Thanks in advance guys. I
> appreciate it
>
> Rob

You got a good start with the two bolts. Now with a long skinny
straight-blade screwdriver, loosen the clamp on the hose going to the
throttle body and the other hose going to the black box sitting behind the
drivers headlamp. Now take that black plastic housing out of the way and
look down at that remaining black box. You'll see two spring steel clamps
that you can push off with your fingers. Now tilt the lid out, push back on
it to disengage the row of plastic tabs along the other side and you now can
see the air filter. Twas a great place to put it, huh.........

Denny