Old August 18th 12, 07:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.audi
Sanity Clause

Default Slickness is gone once the transmission fluid was replaced

> I was just wondering, are you sure the trany uses that heavy of oil? most
> modern manuals now use auto trany oil. if so that heavy of oil will deff
> change the shift feel. KB (no I didn`t bother looking it up to see
> myself)

According to Mitchell......

*Manual Transmission Fluid*

AWD, 5 Spd Trans Rear Final Drive, 01R API - GL- 5, SAE 75W-90 2.01 QTS.

AWD, 5 Spd Trans, Trans Mfr CD 01A SAE 75W-90, Sythetic Oil 2.91 QTS.
Part No. G 052 911 A1.

AWD, 6 Spd Trans, Trans Mfr CD 01E SAE 75W-90, Sythetic Oil 2.6 QTS.
Part No. G 052 911 A1.

FWD, Trans Mfr CD 01W SAE 75W-90, Sythetic Oil 2.38 QTS.
Part No. G 005 000.